Some home repairs shouldn’t be avoided. Unless you want to take out a second mortgage, that is.
Today I’ve got nine different home repairs to share with you that you should never put off.
1. Caulking. It doesn’t cost much, but it can help keep water out of places it shouldn’t be.
2. Cleaning your dryer vent. You probably clean the trap out regularly, but when was the last time you cleaned the vent itself? I recommend changing it out and cleaning it every six months to a year to prevent a fire hazard.
3. Roof repairs. A leak can cause serious structural issues. If you find a leak, take care of it now rather than later.
4. Chimney sweep. Do this at least once a year to prevent creosote buildup. This is the residue that forms from wood-burning, so you'll want to clean it out.
5. Change your HVAC filters. Dirty filters cause the system to work harder than it needs to and ultimately increase your utility bill.
6. Pest problems. Whether it’s termites, rodents, or other pests, you want to handle any pest problems very early on. It can get very expensive if you don’t.
7. Fix any plumbing leaks as soon as you find them. This is one of the more costly repairs that we see. A simple leaky pipe can cause major damage if not handled properly.
8. Peeling paint. If you see any chipped, cracked, or peeling paint, throw a fresh coat on top. Water can seep into the house through exposed areas and it's bad for the house.
9. Drainage problems. Clogged gutters or an improper grade can actually put your home’s foundation at risk. You want to make sure you take care of this right away.
"These are just a few repairs to be aware of."
These are just a few things that you should stay on top of as a homeowner, whether you’re thinking of selling soon or not. If you are and you need any assistance from us, we’d be happy to help. Just give us a call or send us an email today.